Tuesday 10 February 2015

Outfits that sparkle n shine☾

-muchshineymuchpretty-
Anyone who knows me personally will know my love of all things glittery, sparkly, shiny or just magical looking in general. My love of this fairy-like look often influences my outfit and make-up choices.

Lace, velvet, floral, fluffy;
a summary of my favourite pieces.
My favourite outfit over the Christmas period was the combination of a summery looking dress - I'm that girl that wears dresses throughout winter, the weather won't stop me expressing my incredibly girly style - and holographic heels.





This stunning dress from Motel Rocks is best for summer but can easily brighten up a dull winters day paired with a warm coat!! All their items are amazing but this dress in particular is just such a favourite. It seems to be suitable for any event and always catches peoples eye.

The holographic-look heels are from Topshop. These 'Pewter Brit Lace Up Boots' are still available in black but no longer in pewter. They either aren't stocked or are entirely sold out as when they were first released they seemed to - understandably - sell out instantly!! Paired with a pair of plain black socks (or my personal favourite, glittery socks) they are perfect for a night out but can be toned down with a casual outfit to be worn in the daytime too, easily paired with jeans or a dress.
They are possibly the most gorgeous shoes I've ever owned and have received so many compliments. Several people have said something along the lines of "I wouldn't wear them but I love/really like them!!"
They are unique and eye-catching, so whether it's that many wouldn't have the confidence to wear them, they wouldn't go with your typical wardrobe or they just aren't what you'd usually wear, I would highly recommend finding something similar.

If you like it, wear it.

Sadly they haven't kept their stunning shine and are incredibly scuffed already, reviews claim that they crease easily but part of the issue may be my fault as I seem to just be awful with keeping shoes well worn. Dragging feet? Tripping up stairs?


Head over heels.

Excuse the messy background.


Although the heel seems to be rather large they are one of the comfiest pairs of shoes I've ever owned, including those without a heel. They didn't take much breaking in and are easily to walk (and run) in. They come up as being a little big so 2 pairs of socks is usually good or just a thicker pair.


2/2.5" heel

Additionally, sparkles and glitter isn't all that has been featuring in my outfits lately. Velvet has been in all the shops the past few months and is on practically anything wearable at the moment, whether it be shoes, dresses, skirts, shorts, hair ties, jumpers, coats etc.

Velvet AND glitter!?!
This velvet dress from American Apparel in 'crushed blue ice' has been described as my 'princess dress' which seems rather accurate. The crushed velvet catches the light and is great for evenings as well as in the day.

Worn separately - there is surely such as thing as a velvet overload - these shoes from Topshop (once again sold out, found in the sale) are extremely comfortable and casual, yet still enough to add something to an otherwise plain outfit.


"Everybody love things that sparkle."

"Some girls were just born with glitter in their veins."





No comments:

Post a Comment