Sunday 16 November 2014

Curious Introduction

Well, this is my first ever blog post - the first of hopefully many to come. I'm not happy with my URL and I will figure one out eventually but for now, my twitter/instagram username shall do; shameless self promotion already!??
Maybe we should start with the 5 w's (can you tell I'm an English student?) - who? what? when? where? why?

I'm - currently - a 17 year old college student living in London. Avid reader, aspiring psychologist, amazing procrastinator, and advocate of all things pretty n sparkly. My perpetual positivity essentially results in someone who is ridiculously happy all the time, whether that's annoying or not is your decision to make. I started this blog as I have a passion for writing and expressing my views, the feeble allowance of 140 characters on twitter just isn't enough anymore to satisfy my need for opinionated expression.
The term 'dream' has always seemed somewhat soppy to me, yet if it needs to be put that way, my dream is indeed to become a clinical psychologist.
"The mind is like an iceberg, it floats with one-seventh of its bulk above water." - Sigmund Freud.
I believe that you can never discover the entirety of any one iceberg, yet you can look at innumerable icebergs and discover a significant pattern. The mind is truly captivating. There will never be one quite like another, every minor experience can have an immense impact on our behaviour as well as essentially our existential being. The human mind is comparable to the view from the window of a train journey. Every time you take a look at it, something different will appear, another path, another kink, another explanation. If you separate the human mind and all its many complexities from the body what are you left with? An empty case, a shell of a being, a loss of fragility? We are our minds, nothing else.

Along with being in awe of anything psychology related, I'm obsessed with bands (the kooks, alt-j, blink 182, moose blood, twenty one pilots, death cab for cutie, you me at six, the wonder years etcetc), books, and the wonderful Joseph Gordon-Levitt; I will never tire of 500 Days of Summer.

Whether nobody reads this, a few people do, or the majority of my 16,000+ twitter followers (plsSss what world am I in now, am I delusional?) it's for the purpose of enhancing my writing skills, and simply expressing my views on social issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment